Re: What's a Keyword?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:38:42 -0800

YGWV Quoting Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>:

> Interesting, and that makes sense. Still doesn't tell me what to do with
> that Farming ability, but...

As I've said, drop it, and add Rural instead.

> OK, using your system, to get back to my point that I've been trying to
> make, let's say you now have your Heortling/Lismelder/Spearstand/IceSpirit
> cultural combo. When looking at the occupation keyword for hunter, do you
> make that hunter specific to the overall keyword of Heortling? Or do you
> tailor it to be what this specific character should have, given the cultural
> specificity? That is, if we know that the IceSpirit folks all hunt with an
> odd device called a wabbitcatcha, and not with bows or spears, we'd want to
> specify that in the keyword, right? Or not right?

I don't think it is specifying it to the keyworld. The Keyword is Hunter, and it means you know the things that hunter know. Your guys use a bow and not traps? Then you have bow in the keyword, and maybe even (no traps).
Oh, you guys use wabbitcatcha? Use that. It's like the lists of clan or tribal weapon specialities.

Think of the diferent animals that the Praxians ride/herd. The Keyword doesn't have bison or alticamulus. But the culture is Praxian.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford