Re: What's a Keyword?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:38:11 -0600

>From: "Roderick Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>
>
>So my way of dealing with the "smaller focus" is to make layers of keywords
>that sort of act as filters, rather than try to moosh everything into one.

Interesting, and that makes sense. Still doesn't tell me what to do with that Farming ability, but...

OK, using your system, to get back to my point that I've been trying to make, let's say you now have your Heortling/Lismelder/Spearstand/IceSpirit cultural combo. When looking at the occupation keyword for hunter, do you make that hunter specific to the overall keyword of Heortling? Or do you tailor it to be what this specific character should have, given the cultural specificity? That is, if we know that the IceSpirit folks all hunt with an odd device called a wabbitcatcha, and not with bows or spears, we'd want to specify that in the keyword, right? Or not right?

Mike

Communicate instantly! Use your Hotmail address to sign into Windows Live Messenger now. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview