Re: Re: Backstory skills

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:08:28 +0000 (GMT)

> > I must not be following. If, say, you have a
> relationship with a
> > character that is "Ally of Ragnar" and somebody
> does something
> > to harm you, Ragnar will come to your aid. If you
> have, instead,
> > "Rival of Ragnar" then he might seek those out who
> are looking to
> > harm you, and aid them instead. Pretty obvious. So
> what am I missing?
>
> The grey areas where my ally Ragnar and myself
> become rivals, or where
> my rival may have reasons to come to my aid.
>
> The well respected and likeable nemesis.
>
> Conflicting emotions to flavour a relationship.

So have two relationships with the same person, and have a contest between them. And if this Ragnar is that interesting, he starts to get his own character sheet, and that may have more than one relationship with you on it, as well as other traits that will give him motivations. If his "hate common enemy" is higher than his "your rival", he may come and help.