Re: Some Parameters for HeroQuesting

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:46:11 -0800 (PST)

The discussion about heroquesting to post-Dawn events is new to me. I had always thought that there was nothing new on the Hero Plane and these events were interpretations of pre-Dawn events that were frozen in the Hero Plane. Thus, for me, when someone talks about going to the Night of Horrors on the Hero Plane, they are actually using particular paths (the Lunar set, for example) to visit the Godtime events that the participants in the Night of Horrors used or recreated in the battle. They obviously go there understanding the Godtime events primarily (or solely) through the Night of Horrors, so they don't know the entire picture of the Godtime events and they usually take the steps needed to make the results very much like the Night of Horrors. However, the fact that they are partially ignorant leaves lots of room for accidents and otherwise MGF results. I guess my Glorantha varies.

So, just for example, the Battle of Iceland might now be a place on the Hero Plane? If I participated in a big way, can I go there and find myself? Can I get magic from myself? (Oh, great and wonderful me, grant me the powers I already have to smite our enemies.") Or, if I go there, am I always cast int he role of that me, even if I started off in a different ritual position? ("Oh, man, I don't want to be Smelly Dung-boy again!") Can other people get magic from that "me"? ("Don't ask your dad. Just go ask your Hero Plane dad.") Would I know it if they do? ("Dangit, boy, my ears are burning again. What are you up to?")

Chris