Re: Need ideas for The End of The World

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:53:46 -0000

I have two big project proposals to write. hence the displacement behaviour :)

> I think this depends on the particular story. I rarely run
straight detective work, so I don't know how married to the plot I would be. But for lots of games I leave it VERY open.

Me neither. So Iīm not writing from direct experience, more from what I think makes sense.

> I don't think that's a huge problem. I think if the "You can't
beat them militarily without losing your own souls" is fairly clear, then huge resistances and tragic failure if they win seems ok.

Okay, with the "without losing your own souls" proviso yes. I was thinking more of the "you canīt beat this one" red rag to the bull. They still might want to take that route though. heroically sacrifice their souls and all.

> > Two of the best things, to my mind, to emerge from HeroWars (as
it was back then) are the Ernaldan There is Another Way stuff
> did that only show up in Hero Wars? Wow.

I was thinking of the general mechanic and the cult write ups in TR or ST.

Sam.