Re: Kalikos and the Icebreaker Quest

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:17:04 -0000

> > Also, in Greg's story about Kalikos Icebreaker,
>
> Where's this published?

In the GTA Initiate Library.

> > However, I strongly doubt there is a
> > Pentan Vinga.
>
> Quite possibly not, certainly not by that name, but
> all we were told was "horse nomad", and Redaylde fits
> that nicely. I'm quite sure Pent has (or had) a
> goddess that more or less sort of fits a few aspects
> of Vinga, even if no-one now alive would recognise
> her.

Maybe. Although it is probably only in the sense that the Pentans might have a warrior woman spirit tradition.

> oh, not that argument again! She doesn't need to be
> "big", especially not now, to have produced one
> obscure hero-cult way in the past! Or to have produced
> anything else that might be fun in a game.

True. But outside of Kethaela-Saird, my recommendation would be to develop some new minor Storm Tribe gods and goddesses. There might be another martial daughter-goddess in Ralios who is not Vinga (but still a Thunder Brother). Maybe a minor hunter goddess instead of Odayla. Maybe a shield maiden of Orlanth. And so on. Different cult, different myths.

Jeff