Re: Re: Kalikos and the Icebreaker Quest

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:00:26 +0000 (GMT)

> > Ah, that looks like useful info. Thanks, David.
>
> Also, in Greg's story about Kalikos Icebreaker,

Where's this published?

> he's a he. He was a
> human who lived in the Great Darkness and from too
> far north to be
> associated with the Heortlings or other Orlanthi
> folk. He fought
> against Valind's Glacier which covered Peloria and
> made land for his people.

Sounds like fun.

> Definitely not a Vingan.

Nope. So Alison will have to sacrifice compatibility with this story if she wants her Vingan version.

> There might be a Hyaloring version of Vinga (known
> throughout the
> Saird basin)- the goddesses Vinga, the Red Woman,
> Redaylde, Reladiva,
> and Hwarin Dalthippa have probably all been
> identified (possibly mistakenly) with each other.

That's roughly the lines I was working on, yes, though going a bit further.

> However, I strongly doubt there is a
> Pentan Vinga.

Quite possibly not, certainly not by that name, but all we were told was "horse nomad", and Redaylde fits that nicely. I'm quite sure Pent has (or had) a goddess that more or less sort of fits a few aspects of Vinga, even if no-one now alive would recognise her.

> Additionally, Vinga just isn't that
> big of a goddess -

oh, not that argument again! She doesn't need to be "big", especially not now, to have produced one obscure hero-cult way in the past! Or to have produced anything else that might be fun in a game.

> her cult might not even be universal throughout all
> the Orlanthi lands,

"Universal" is not what Vinga does, no. More like a variant in every area.

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk