Re: Some Parameters for HeroQuesting

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:05:40 -0000

> (wince) The whole Orlanth being Dead thing, complete
> with major climate change, got missed from every
> account of the period in KoS, and no rationalisation
> was given in the HW sourcebook, so that is a painful
> topic.

Why? Greg wrote Orlanth is Dead many years after KoS and after he thought more about some of the implications of the Lunar defeat of Orlanth. So he wrote about those. Maybe one day a revised version of the CHDP will be released. Maybe not. Until then invent your own reason why the chronicler of CHDP made no reference to Orlanth being Dead - maybe the Lhankhor Mhy cult refuses to commit those events to writing, fearing that would invoke the Great Darkness and threaten the world again.

But I think the fall of Whitewall and the Battle of Iceland may well have a mythological dimension.

Jeff