RE: Re: Need ideas for The End of The World

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:04:44 -0600

>From: "Sam Elliot" <sam.elliot1_at_...>
>
>* Or always...that one got me trying to think of examples. Mike,
>you�re not infallible, are you?**
>
>** Note to Mike (he�s American, I�m British; we have this
>communication problem): don�t reply, I don�t think you are
>infallible really.

There's no need for me to respond, even if I didn't realize that this was dry humor, as my record here will prove to everyone just how fallible I am.

Worse, if I actually always practiced what I preached in play, I'd be some sort of pro-GM star, dragging down big loot for my services. But as any who've played with me will attest, I'm quite mortal in this regard. I preach my ideas to folks as much to remind myself as to give advice.

Like now I'm thinking in my Monday night IRC HQ game that the big problem is that I've not been giving good enough info on the situation. Been really sparse there, which explains some of the current lack of player engagement.

When I get perfect, I'll let you know. For now, however, I think I'm just good enough. And that's all that has me concerned. I know that I worry about it too much. And another good bit of advice that I can give is not to worry so much. Nothing will kill your ability to be creative in play as anxiety about doing well. So, for Frank, just do some prep, and then relax, have fun, and go with the flow man. :-)

You're going to do great.

Mike

>From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
Academy Awards�