Re: Some Parameters for HeroQuesting

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 02:00:40 GMT

In message <20070205011930.72768.qmail_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>Kallyr explicitly calls it an LBQ - and she ought to
>know. Trouble is, it just doesn't look anything like
>any LBQ I've ever heard of.

Precisely. I can think of two explanations - she's lying or she started to do a LBQ and got knocked off course somehow.

>The one station we see
>doesn't fit in any obvious way. And she says the PCs
>have freed her to go on to the next stage - what next
>stage? I know stations on a HQ don't have to occur in
>the "right" order, but causality has to be preserved,
>surely?

The next stage would appear to be the Sky Ship which at least fits the LBQ. A golden ship in the sky sunk by Orlanth.

So perhaps this is it. She's travelled to the undersea part of the underworld, done whatever's necessary to free the ship but before being able to return it to the sky she's trapped with Voria by Valind (unexpected station). However because Broyan (and the PCs) are fighting to free Orlanth, Kallyr and Voria are dumped from the Hero Plane into the middle of the battle.

Probably not right but at least it fits the facts we know.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/