Re: Re: Enchanting?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:05:35 -0700

ygwv

Quoting Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>:

> A quick scan through ST and TR gives the following list of Enchanting rituals
>
> Orlanth Adventurous: Enchant Silver Ritual
> Daylanus the Conquering Wind: Enchant Tin Ritual
> Hedkoranth the Thunder Slinger: Enchant Thunderstone Ritual
> Vingkot Champion: Enchant Iron Ritual
> Babeester Gor: Enchant Copper ritual & Enchant Iron Ritual
> Inginew Redson: Enchant Bronze, Enchant Iron, Enchant Silver, Imbue
> Sword With Magic

> The Imbue Sword With Magic feat suggests that there is a whole
> different mechanism for making magic swords.

Such was my intent. It is one thing to make iron usable, by enchanting it and getting rid of its magic dampening power. It is another magic entirely to make a sword magical.

> Are the Enchant [Metal] feats just used to make sure that the rune
> metals are "tuned" to the user like in the old RQ days (as Jane has
> noted above)?

Or more to the point, to give them properties that will make them as good as bronze, for weapon purposes.

> Though the inclusion of Enchant Thunderstone may suggest otherwise.

I have never imagined thunderstones to be metal.

> Perhaps these feats are required to actually create items from the
> metal etc. So to make a copper axe for a Babs G warrior the
> redsmith needs both his own ability plus the Enchant Copper Ritual.

The redsmith needs his ability to make an axe. The enchant Copper gives it properties that are the equivalent of bronze.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford