Re: Enchanting?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:24:10 -0400

And right there we have another fine Jane Williams insight.

Messing with time gives you a rolled augment.

Mind you, in looking over the rulebook to avoid properly doing work, I can't help but notice that it sounds like much of the time you don't roll a ritual at all. You just add up all the bonuses and apply it to the proper stat. (A ritual for better farming is just a way of amassing the proper bonus.)

Am I misreading that? The ritual isn't a contest itself so much as a list of bonuses to put together for another contest? (Sometimes they conflate, as when you do a ritual to open the other world - the bonuses apply to the normal open world roll.)

LC