Re: Enchanting?

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:40:24 +0000 (GMT)

> Jane
> So you want to do a ritual, and you have a suitable
> item, person, whatever, that would give you a +3 if
> you used it. But using it will make the ritual last
> longer.
>
> >Per the "Preparation" section on page 102, it's at
> > least 1 hour per +3 augment (from all sources).
>
> One hour longer. But you're in a hurry. So you flip
> back to page 100, and decide to skip that hour. Giving
> yourself a -6 to add to the +3. Wouldn't it be easier
> just to not bother using the item?

Precisely, though I guess that for some items that would be the case.

It smacks of the need to have the ritual length based on the resistance that is faced plus the complexity (number of participants / items). Where the major part of the time is against the resistance. Perhaps 1 hour per mastery (or part of mastery) + look-up total numbers of people and items in the community support table the result being the number of additional hours.

Entering the heroplane 10W3 - basic 4 hours Priest plus 2 questors and 2 holy items (4 extras) +2 hours

Gavain