RE: Re: status of hq publications

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 17:01:13 -0300

Trotsky:
> The more I look at the hsunchen, the more difficult I think it would be to
do them
> justice in a single book (although a Rathorela book would work, for
instance)

I think a book describing a single culture in depth can have more value anyway, certainly in this instance where Hsunchen are widely distributed. Not just widely distributed, either, but often integrally linked with other cultures.

I think there is still a big question mark hanging over the hsunchen of quite how they operate (IMO only) and a generic treatment could end up not resolving much of that while at the sametime pinning some things down perhaps more than is helpful. A more local book leaves loads of room for variants in other regions.

Not quite sure if this makes any sense so I'll stop.

Sam.