Re: Humakti in the Vineyard- or how do I get there.

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 18:36:15 -0000

> > Uh. Yeah. Right. Personally, I think its better to read Dogs in
the
> > Vinyard before passing judgement.
> >
> > Just sayin'
> >

> Wait... you're saying that Humakti *are* necessarily one-trick
ponies?
> Is that what you meant to say? I agree that a lot of them are, but
it
> seems a rather sweeping statement, whatever it says in DitV
notwithstanding.

> --
> Trotsky
> Gamer and Skeptic
> Trotsky
> Gamer and Skeptic

(sigh, this stupid interface lost my witty reply - againx3 now!!)

Having actually played DitV, I think that Humakti are simply too focused to be capable of the wide range of moral choices that DitV relies on.

Humakti have a wide range of tricks but they tend to the death, death by sword, death by stabbing, death by slashing, death by creepy gaze, death by honour, and generalized deathedness by pointy object. Which, while wonderfully varied, are overly focused compared to what might be expected in a DitV game.

It's a pony with many colours but it's always a Death shaped pony. =)

I'd be happy to discuss this at length but as Chris pointed out, the WoG list is a better venue.

Jeff

(sigh, this stupid interface lost my witty reply - againx2)