Re: Re: Common religions and concentrating magic

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 02:06:13 GMT

In message <00ec01c7f343$b0670b50$6406a8c0_at_Camelot> "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" writes:

>There's really no reason to be a "Concentrated initiate" rather than a
>devotee - you'd get the restrictions of a current Devotee (can't have other
>magic) without the Feats of the Devotee.
>
>I don't think anyone (Player *or* in-Game Character) would tend to do this
>as a steady thing - it's really just a step up towards Devotion.

Not with a Heortling character but a Lunar one. Novitiate and Preceptor of Felkenna with an aptitude for handling spirits. Cheaper magic allows the character's abilities to be reflected better and Ordinate implies a religious commitment that doesn't fit the character.

Mind you I think the preceptor abilities allow the potential for over powerful characters.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/