RE: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:05:29 -0500

Nils, all I can say is that I think you either underestimate your own abilities, or overestimate how difficult it is to run such a scenario. But sans you actually attempting it, I guess we'll never know for certain.

BTW, the method that you propose sounds quite like the "Adventure Nugget" method found in certain editions of Traveller for scenario presentation. Certainly better than linear presentation, I'd agree.

Mike

Plotted scenarios have obvious problems, as has beenpointed out. But, character-driven scenarios have theirshare of problems too. Well of Souls is very interesting,but without having played it, I still think it is quitedifficult to run, for both GM and players. I wouldn'tknow what to do.What I would like to see in a published scenario is anetwork of scenes and suggestions for how they couldlink up depending on the outcome of the scenes. Thatis, a plot, but a non-lineasr one.-- __________________________________________________________Nils WeinanderWe sail on a ship made of dreams