Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:36:40 -0000

Hi Stu
This sounds like an interesting approach, it gives me the impression that the vignettes are something more than the "seeds" in Dragon Pass or MoLaD, but not yet a "fully fledged, ready to go" scenario. Hopefully enough for the time-strapped or deperately seeking inspiration GM to work with without too much effort, at the same time being easier for people to strip and adapt for existing campaigns. When and how can we expect to see the results?

Another possible source of inspiration for this type of source/scenario pack is the "Savage World" Plot point books - of which 50 fathoms is probably the best. The idea here is that the book provides the Campaign world, a set of scenarios that link together to form a complete campaign (and these are largely of the one to two page "detailed outline" type) and a whole host of shorter (say from a a paragraph to a page)scenario /seeds often related to a particular yime and/or place (and cross referenced to the world gazeteer) which can be played or omitted to taste around the main campaign arc.