Re: where's the Scenario?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:50:00 -0000

Jane:

> > So, at char-gen, you know what NPCs will be involved
> > in the campaign
>
> You know, I don't think I've ever played in a campaign
> like that, much less run one. It must take a lot of
> advance planning, and much more predictable PCs than
> I'm used to.

Oh, I don't think the PCs even have to be that predictable. So long as they don't run off to a completely different part of the world, at any rate. Which is less likely in a short campaign than in an indefinitely ongoing on, I suspect. Indeed, I'd say this approach is likely to work better in a relatively constrained background, such as a clan, small city, or the like. Large cities, and world-hopping campaigns (such as a sailor campaign, for example) might make it less viable. In both cases, most of the people you come across are likely to be ones you don't know, so having the same faces turn up again and again would seem a bit odd - barring, of course, obvious associates, recurring nemeses or the like.

> > Plus, he's relatively lenient in allowing
> > new relationships
> > to be created in play, which helps.
>
> I take it that's relative to the "norm", rather than
> relative to what I get up to?

Yes.

--
Trotsky