Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:00:24 +0100 (BST)

> It seems to me that Ian is saying that his campaigns
> consist of a set
> of NPCs, many of whom are designed in advance.
> Because his campaigns
> are often of relatively short length, and eventually
> reach a natural
> conclusion, this is not so hard to achieve as it
> would be in an indefinite, ongoing campaign.

Ah! Yes, in that context, the advice makes much more sense. Shame, it means I won't be able to pinch his ideas :(

> When he does adapt a scenario, he
> replaces many of the key NPCs with established NPCs
> from his campaign.

(nods). Yes, this helps, if it can be done. There isn't always a close enough match, but it's something to aim for.

> So, at char-gen, you know what NPCs will be involved
> in the campaign

You know, I don't think I've ever played in a campaign like that, much less run one. It must take a lot of advance planning, and much more predictable PCs than I'm used to.

> Plus, he's relatively lenient in allowing
> new relationships
> to be created in play, which helps.

I take it that's relative to the "norm", rather than relative to what I get up to?

> At least, that's my reading of it.

And one that makes a lot of sense - thanks. Maybe once he's back he can elaborate.

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html