Let's show rather than tell (was Re: Preparing for play, how I do it)

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 13:47:41 -0000

> So, how do I turn into a bear?<

I went with Bearwalking as a practice secret for Bearfather.

It's a good question though because I care about fun at the table over Gloranthan fidelity.

Now my feel here was to go for bearwalking being something that Rathori heroes do. I wanted to make them mystic and cool, and imply Harrek might be using this magic. But its possible that the feedback from the players might be "I want to turn into a bear too" and as a secret its too unavailable. In that case I need to go for something closer to your Pralori way.

I'll ask the players, which is always the way to resolve this for a game.