Let's show rather than tell (was Re: Preparing for play, how I do it)

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:28:42 -0000

Hmm. Interesting. When writing BoG, I felt that the Pralori shapeshifting was more common than was entailed by a secret - and I didn't want all the Pralori to have the same secret - so I tied it to an integration of elk spirits (or people spirits if you're an elk) into your own. I think shapeshifting is something every hsunchen can do, regardless of their other affilitiation so its probably tied to the tradition (and being hsunchen) rather than a specific practice. But whatever's cooler is fine - it's your table, afterall!

I am not sure that all hsunchen peoples use the same method of intergration, however. That said, they could resemble each other mechanically, it may be similar or it may be a mix of acquired abilites, secrets, or something else entirely. It is not, according to Greg, as simple as the "I just change" that the Puma Folk get (lucky bastards).

Jeff