Re: Re: Telmori in Heroquest

From: Olli Kantola <newsalor_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:21:05 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, Ian Cooper wrote:

> The deal here is that everything in HQ is an ability including such
> things as Resist Unenchanted Weapons.

snip.

> What happens when a warrior without a magic weapon runs a Telmori
> through? He finds a weak spot not covered with skin like mouth, eyes,

I'd just say that really, you won't be able to hurt the Telmori with your non-magical weapons. However, you could still trap them, drop the roof on them, lure them away from your friends, befriend them etc.

So I'm okay with them being immune, but that doesn't remove the possibility of a conflict.

Alternatively, I'd say that you can hurt them, but only after you beat their Shapeshifting ability in a contest with your Sharpshooting, Cunning Plan, Spot Chinks in Armor or what ever. If you don't succeed, you are still free to try with your penalties.

This way the immunity really feels different instead of giving +2 or in the case of the greatest Telmori +6 (!) augment to combat. Even a +6 augment is pretty wimpy.

Olli Kantola

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.