Re: status of hq publications

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:52:07 -0000

Just a few comments:

> > Its also a rule of small-scale publishing that new titles depend on
> > sales of existing ones. Given the collapse of the Gloranthan market
> > over the last few years,
>
> Ouch !

Not just Glorantha (and not just the last few years). The small game publishers have taken a hell of hit over the last decade. They survive because of folk that do this because they love it, not because they make any money.

> It's clear, thanks a lot !
> So the ML "world of glorantha" will be our best source of informations
> for years :)

I think that overstates things. Greg and I will have another limited edition book ready in time for Tentacles which will later be done as general circulation book. This time the subject is Nochet and Esrolia. More about that book soon - but this should be the definitive background book on Nochet, Esrolia and the myths of Esrolia.

Orlmarthingsaga should be ready at Tentacles as well - we had some trouble last year getting it ready in time.

Greg has also done lots of brand-new background material about the cities of Alkoth, Raibanth, and Yuthuppa (including maps, descriptions, history, and so on) which will be published in one form or another. An excerpt was published on the Glorantha.com website (Towers of Dara Happa) and I believe some excerpts will be in the Mongoose Publication "Dara Happa Stirs".

Hope that helps -

Jeff