Re: status of hq publications

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:25:01 -0000

> The opposite does not apply: while having a
> ready-printed version to browse is a nice extra, its
> not one I'm willing to pay much for.

To provide the opposite view -
Books are good - I can read them anywhere without needing to carry additional hardware, batteries, power cables etc with me. I don't have to wait for them to boot up, or to shut down before I can move them, and I rarely feel worried reading then in public that avaricious and opportunistic thieves will decide to relieve me of them...

So while there are occasions where having an electronic copy of a book might be useful, it's not one I'm generally willing to pay much for - (which is why I'm still waiting for BoG to make it's way through the distribution quagmire :( ). That said the Freeform Masterpacks do sound quite tempting...