Re: Re: status of hq publications

From: Viktor Haag <viktor.haag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:00:04 -0500

On 20/02/2008, Paul Chapman <estarriol_at_...> wrote:

> Exactly. "Both" is lovely - especially since the official bound
> presentation is likely to be nicer than something I've printed myself.

I was really underwhelmed by the quality of the last paperback printed book I got from Moon Design, but these kinds of things can happen from time to time with particular printers. The pages in my book seem prepared to practically leap from the binding to run and hide under the furniture. Luckily, it's not a book that I suspect will require lots and lots of re-use.

I was actually a fan of the saddle-stitched supplement book style that Issaries used up until Moon Design took over, but I also understand that not everyone is. But I really hope that MD noticed the problems with their last printed book and had really stern words with their printer, or moved to using a new one.

> I'm frankly amazed that print books don't as standard come with the
> ability to register online and get the e-book version as a complimentary
> extra by now. This would seem to be a no-brainer to me, given the low
> cost of e-book distribution, even with the rampant piracy that exists.

This is a clever idea, and seems quite common in the indie-publishing world right now (the bundling of print+pdf purchases).

--
Viktor