Re: What's The Story? Under the Red Moon Challenge

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:06:11 +1100

You folk are amazing! And consumate roleplayers all, you are building on each others stories. I can only do the same...

3D modelling is an act of (to use a favourite mythographic term) bricolage: using what you can and creating what's needed from whatever is at hand: that is, the models and props you already possess or can satisfactorily create from primitives. That, together with my obvious limitations as an artist, mean that the situation is (ahem) *rendered* somewhat imperfectly. But again, that's Glorantha, that's roleplaying. Let's wing that mother.

So yes, there is at least one other person in the scene. Yes, I was thinking of a Boldhome mansion (the open sky through the window). And I'm preparing another render from behind Kallyr's shoulder to reveal the room and who she is umm, working her personal skills upon. (The male leader to her left had originally a more emotive expression on his face, now its just a superior sulk). I had envisioned the spilt wine to be important. I had been intrigued by the carving on the chair, but had not, until Jane's comment, explicitly associated it with Dark Earth. I have now.

While a common story *is* building, don't let that stop wilder or more speculative suggestions. :)

Cheers

John

--

John Hughes

nysalor_at_...

Questlines: http://mythologic.info/questlines/

Mytheme gallery: http://mythologic.info/mytheme/

There was a muddy centre before we breathed. There was a myth before the myth began,
Venerable and articulate and complete.
 From this the poem springs: that we live in a place that is not our own, and much more, not ourselves. And hard it is in spite of blazoned days.