RE: Re: What's The Story? Under the Red Moon Challenge

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:39:45 +0000

> The chest is metal bound so it isn't clothing or linen.
Is it? Right, nothing mundane, then.

> It has all flowed out of the cup so thin wine seems most likely.

I haven't done much practical experimentation with how blood flows. Anyone else?

> What surprises me is that if the cup was thrown down it hasn't broken.

I'd assumed it was made of horn. Two of them - yet more ritual significance? There may be more out of sight, though.

> Equally the helmet by Kallyr's chair could be hers,
> she placed it on the floor by the chair and has just kicked it over.

Oh, that thing's a helmet? Yes, that works. Kicking things over? She is upset, isn't she? She looks quite relaxed, left arm and hand loose, leaning slightly back and sideways, but that screams "I'm not worried about sitting in this chair" so loudly that it's got to be a pose.

> My feeling is that Kallyr has brought the strange chair,
> the chest, the image of Sartar and grain to this place
for a ritual.

Yes, me too. Dark Earth, grain, and blood - I can see why she's scared and everyone else is horrified.

> Dressed in this fancy outfit - not only the armour which
>fits her well but those semi-gloves which I've only ever
>seen with posh frocks.

Yes, and a torc (which one? Kheldon or Sartar?) and that golden necklace with seven discs that we've seen before in John's pictures.

>And she's not only annoyed, she's afraid.
> Possibly she has just told her companions what she's
>planning and one of them has asked if she's out of her mind.

That's the normal reaction to Kallyr's plans, yes. Then she gets all persuasive....

> So is she afraid of what's involved? or that
> her companions will try to stop her?

Again, "both" would be normal, but here I think she's messing about with something way outside her normal area of expertise. So she's also afraid that they know better than she does, and they're right.

>That chair appears to be the key to what the ritual is about,
> does anyone recognise the carved heads? They seem to
> have at least two faces, maybe four.

I'm trying to remember the significance of heads beyond Thanatar, and failing. Isn't there sone Dark Earth thing about beheading sacrifices?

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html