RE: Reply error message

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:28:21 +0100 (BST)

> Soren, Brian
> I'd neglected to include the message subject: User
> Not Found
>
> This would fit with what Soren helpfully translated.
> I didn't think of
> BabelFish for this :)
>
> What is a vacation rule, Brian?

An out-of-office reply. It's a common problem. The message goes from the list to the offending member, their system produces an automatic "I'm not here" message to the list. Which goes back to them, and one then hopes their system is set up to only send one such message per sender, or we get an infinite loop.

What's odd, though, is that I'm not getting the same effect: and presumably, nor are others, or they'd have said something.

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/