Re: Re: HQ 2

From: Robin Laws Mail List Only <tjaderoo_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:56:19 -0400

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM, ttrotsky2<TTrotsky_at_...> wrote:

> Robin Laws:
>
>> > Probably just as well we never played together, then... I don't
>> > think I ever
>> > as a player mustered [an augment] more than +8, no matter invested I
>> > was in the outcome!
>> > Different people obviously played the game in different ways, which
>> > may reflect differing attitudes to HQ2.
>>
>> In essence, you were, by unstated gentleman's agreement,
>> following the augment caps that are explicitly designed into
>> HQ2. (Though the execution is different, of course.)
>
> Are 'augment caps' something that changed or was added since the Tentacles
> pre-release of HQ2 last year?

No, I'm referring to the new augment rules you've seen, which serve to keep the augment bonuses within a predictable range.

---

Combining messages here...

>>>In the two games of it I played (at Tentacles and Continuum,
both last year), I found that the "freshness" requirement was sufficiently distracting from the story that it was at least as bad - and probably worse - than the old hunt for augments.<<< Was the problem in deciding if choice was repetitive, or thinking up non-repetitive choices? Take care >>> Robin