Re: Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:43:45 -0800

> > That's what I thought as well. However, if you're an oddball
> character
> > like a devotee to Ormalya Thunderous, you are allowed to learn some
> > Wind/Storm feats... Peraps they become 'stand alone' for a devotee
> of
> > this odd combo?
>
> Hmm... I'd rather like this one clarified - Roderick? Our group have
> picked up a couple of stand-alones I was going to take back (and hand
> out HP), or make them into items ("You haven't got the Swordhelp
> Feat, you've got a magic sword").

While not stated in the book, I would allow a worshipper from the "wrong" aspect to pick up the bonus feats as Stand-alones. *HOWEVER* they would always be standalone. If the person later swapped over to the "correct" aspect and picked up the right affinity, those stand-alone feats would *still* be stand-alone, *not* part of the affinity.

Example:

Joe is an initiate of Drogarsi Thunderous, with affinities in Wind, Storm and High Entertainment. He likes those two Movement feats, however, so he puts HP into picking up "Sing while Running" and "Tireless Dance". Later, he converts over to Adventurous and spends the HP to pick up the Movement and Combat affinities. His SWR and TD do *not* become part of the Movement affinity. (As an initiate, he can't have feats in his affinities, so they have to remain stand-alone). Later still he becomes a Devotee in Drogarsi Adventurous, and can pick up feats in his affinities. SWR and TD are *still* not part of his Movement affinity becauise he has been raising them individually (and they probably have a higher rating than his movement affinity anyway...)

Basically, once you pick up a stand-alone feat, it is *always* a stand-alone feat, even if you later learn the affinity it goes to.

RR