Re: The Race

From: Paul King <paul_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 16:37:07 +0000

On 6 Nov 2009, at 15:28, L C wrote:

> If I want to include the option of other competitive racers,
> however, it
> gets trickier. I could do a group extended contest, free-for-all, but
> the last-contestant-standing aspect of that feels backward from a
> race.
> I mean, I can probably get the results and then narrate it, but it
> feels
> like people dropping out.

Given the description (dangerous course etc.) "people dropping out" sounds right to me (the last few could simply be dropping out of contention for winning rather than out of the race).

One thing you could add is a series of obstacles/hazards etc. which have to be passed to finish. Each requiring a contest (perhaps a Simple Contest as Unrelated Action) and with a Lingering Benefit for winning. That would give you a vs the course element.