Re: Using Miniatures

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 00:32:30 +0000

On 12 Dec 2009, at 23:15, Ben wrote:
> So, it seems pretty obvious that the new HeroQuest has absolutely no need for miniatures. Conflict scenes are very narrative driven and handwavey, with no need for tracking such minutiae as tactical placement with miniatures.._,_._,___

HeroQuest may not need figures, but my players like them and so do I. They're great for setting the scene. Playing HeroQuest is like a film or a TV show. This is not Am-Dram and so HeroQuest requires fine actors on the set to scene and extras to fill the set out.

(I'm a 15mm fan and there's nothing like presenting players with a Balazaring citadel map covered in tiny pigs and them wondering how to tell the escape plan - roll on Pavis).

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433