Re: Re: Keywords only, or additional list of abilities?

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:02:52 +0000

Jeff wrote:
> In playtesting with newbies, we found that players unfamiliar with
> HW/HQ1 (and many with no experience of Glorantha) grasped the new
> keywords and its possibilities easier and quicker than old HW/HQ1
> hands.

And, FWIW, keyword-like abilities rather than long ability lists seem to be the state of the art in narrative RPGs. Evidently a quite a few game designers and players believe this is a superior way of doing things.

For example, we played 3:16 last night: in that game, each PC has only TWO abilities, Fighting Ability and Non-Fighting Ability.