Re: Re: Keywords only, or additional list of abilities?

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:30:37 +1100

I am extremely disappointed to hear that there is to be no use of the "genre pack" approach outlined in the HQ2 rules in forthcoming Glorantha supplements.

While simple keywords work fine if everyone is across the genre and the setting (as others have mentioned) failing to explain what is meant by
"Sylila", "Natha", "Blue Moon Cult", etc will create fairly sizeable
barriers for new-comers to Glorantha.

Not everyone has friendly Gloranthaphiles around to initiate them - some had to initiate themselves. I was one of these, back in HW times, and I found the lists of associated/sample abilities attached to keywords even though I subsequently outgrew them.

I strongly encourage the Management to consider releasing some "genre pack" material - if only in the interests of extending Glorantha's reach and encouraging new-comers. I'll even volunteer to help create them if no-one else wants to...

--
John Machin