Re: Using HQ2 for Exalted?

From: andrew.d.scott_at_...
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 14:01:10 -0000

Good stuff. I really like what you've done with sorcery and the curse and will be adopting your ideas forthwith.

As for MA, my personal preference is for umbrella keywords similar to Excellencies. Terrstrial, Celestial and Sideral martial arts would serve as receptacles for the appropriate styles, each of which would be represented as a single ability, e.g.:

Celestial Martial Arts - 16 (Preying Mantis Style, Snake Style +1)

Hero styles would be contained within the (Exalted) Martial Arts Excellency, underlining the native facility Exalted of the appropriate type have for them:

Solar Martial Arts Excellency (Solar Hero Style +1)

Of course this approach sacrifices the breadth of MA charms available in the books, but that's something I'm quite comfortable with. I don't think individual charms are necessary given the highly specific nature of styles.