Re: heroquest with lunar gods

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:30:55 -0400

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...> wrote:

> Trezaae wrote:
> > The unique myth I think about is a story where YT had win humakt to
> > gain is power over death (to be auto-resurected and so on)
> >
> Doing this is absolutely against all Humakti ways. Resurrection to the
> God of Death is absolute anathema.
>
> It sounds to me like the player wants to support Humakt in a Lunar enemy's
"Yanafal Defeats Death" heroquest. If the Yanfal heroquest reenacting this event takes place in the the Heroplane rather than some funky lunar otherworld then it should be possible for the player hero to quest as Humakt and show up in the enemy Yanafal worshiper's heroquest. If he wins, then the Yanafali fails and looses the ability to be resurrected - or possibly even dies right then and there. If the player hero looses then something very nasty happens to him instead. Sounds a bit like a Heroquest Challenge to me.

Where/when did Yanafal defeat Humakt? Was it Four Arrows of Light? If so, then it occured within Time, but the borders between the mortal world and the Otherworlds was being severely strained. Who knows what might be possible? If Yanafal quested into the Otherworlds to confront Humakt, then it would be a more "conventional" bit of heroquesting.

-Kevin McD