Re: Re: HeroQuest Rune Font?

From: matthew.cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:52:38 +0100

there's always been a problem with finding the right rune and making sure you have the right font installed

the ideal thing would be to be able to say to your computer "insert the >your rune name here< rune, please" and it would do so - regardless of what fonts you have installed

I wonder if a the answer would be a simply-designed .Net app, specified as follows:

*A labour-saving version of the printed list of runes vs alphabet, grouped by font name.*
Main functionality:

Nice-to-have:

I'm pretty sure I could write a VBA program for Word that would find all characters that are set to any non-installed fonts and maybe even install the missing ones. If that's possible then it could be a feature of the app described above.