Re: Clan Generation Questionnaire

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 05:10:40 -0000

> In several places in the Clan Generation Questionnaire, it makes
> reference to a "Rebellious" virtue. However, in the list of Clan
> Values on pp. 57-58, Rebellious is not listed. Is the CGQ in error, or
> the Clan Values list? Or is it something that I've missed?

Pulling away the curtain of how these books are put together:

The Clan Generation Questionnaire was probably the most logistically complicated part of the book to write. Ian Cooper and I worked on it (basing it heavily on Greg's old Epic Questionnaire), then I rewrote large sections of it to make it fit even tighter with the Community Resources rules of HQ2. Somewhere around here are the pages of calculations I made to see what range of clans could be made (which naturally resulted in another feverish round of edits). Then Ian updated the description of clan values - sadly, I must have left Rebellious off that list!

> Also, it seems like a couple of things would come in handy during the
> clan generation process:
>
> 1) a tally sheet, to keep track of the checks (Runes, Resources,
> Values, etc.) that you generate during the generation process, and
>
> 2) a "players" booklet that has the questions but not the answers, the
> same way KoDP did it.

Both are excellent ideas and something that I will put together for free download from the website.

Jeff