Re: Can HQII do relationship conflicts?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:47:43 -0700

On 29 Aug 2010, at 01:18, joelarellano714 wrote:

> Currently scouring Smallville Roleplaying Game. Can HQ be adapted to handled primarily interpersonal conflicts?

Not familiar with that game, but I don't think any adaptation is needed. Many of the examples are social in nature:

Sweet Talk
Gentle Persuasion vs Specious Logic
Elaborate Deception vs Untrusting
Contact: Ned Bates vs Cautious
Suave

Even the example of a "Dead" character is social (p. 31).

Basically, HQ gives you tools to resolve conflicts in interesting and dramatic fashion. It's up to you to make sure those conflicts are interpersonal, rather than physical.

David Dunham