Trying to "Get it"...

From: Howard <green27_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:50:30 -0000

I probably won't recieve the rules until after the holidays now but I am keen to try this out so I've been googling reviews and AAR reports (pretty sparse) in an attempt to understand how things work.

A couple of questions:

Is a "1" a crit and a "20" a fumble? (the latter regardless of mastery?) I assume crits would go up +1 per level of Mastery(?)

Been reading through the Return to Apple Lane scenario and I suddenly realized there aren't any "stats". Then I remembered somebody's blog report that said you rolled "against the scenario". With the level of difficulty being set by the GM but changing depending upon how things are going (which sounds exactly like Chaos factor in Mythic, BTW.)

Doesn't this give Erianda the same level of ability as one of her thugs? Shouldn't she have levels of Mastery to counter the players?

Howard