Re: Inspirational reading etc. for a Pavis campaign

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:16:37 -0000

For what it is worth, the main books I was reading while I wrote Pavis were:

"The Maltese Falcon" and "The Continental Op" collection by Dashiell Hammett. "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy
Oxford History of the American West
Collection of Babylonian stories (Gilgamesh, Descent of Ishtar in the Underworld, etc) "The French Quarter" and "The Gangs of New York" by Herbert Asbury The Complete Chronicles of Conan" by Robert E. Howard "Titus Groan" by Mervyn Peake
The Kalevala
"Die Heroen der Griechen" by Karoly Kerenyi "The Complete Griselda" by Oliver Dickinson

The books may or may not have influenced bits of Pavis, but were certainly circulating around in my head at the time.