Re: What HeroQuest supplements would you like to see?

From: pansophy <udo.sabath_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 03:04:05 -0000

Hello,

> I think we are pretty much done with Fantasy ( but I might be wrong if so
> correct me) so what other settings/Genres would people like to see?

Yes, that is what I am thinking for a long time now. ;) There are so many Fantasy settings out there, but I rarely see any hardish Sci-Fi settings.

I would really love something like the old 2300AD or Traveller spiced up a bit with the Cold War of old times and a bit of Ashen Stars in it. While it is easy to convert settings into HQ2 ones, I would really love to see one done specifically for HQ2. With lots of examples and a good background. Something that makes me want reading the fluff and playing a character in it. And something that is not combat orientated like many others. I do like conflict, but not hack&slash.

Also, once it has been done it can be extended to include other sub-genres like cyberpunk, Post-Apocalypse, and even something like "Lost in Space". Just recently I was doing a "Silent Running" adventure, which was full of conflict (and sometimes violence) and the dense atmosphere of being alone in space really added to it. There was no Cthulhu or Alien out there, but since the characters all had different goals, the evening was a blast (especially when they nuked their own ship).

HeroQuest should get more settings than Fantasy. I like Nameless Streets, I like the fantastic in there, but it was still a bit too much Fantasy for my taste. ;)

I would like to see something down-to-earth gritty. Anything. Somethings where the Hero really risk a lot to gain a small benefit for others. A lot of drama on a gritty level, but something that still is heroic.

--
cheers,

Rob