Re: Re: Why should barbarians get all the poetry....

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:41:37 -0500

Gareth Martin wrote:

> > We've also used them in freeform games, to good effect. Ask David
> > Dunham how well the Soviet anthem worked in "Life of Moonson". And
> > they're practically written into "Tarsh War".
>
> Yeah, they are, shot my SOD completely to hell. This stuff is fun,
> but
> should not be in the published work IMO.

Is it in the published work? I suspect that this is not the case.

It IS on the Glorantha Website under Fan Contributions and Tribes and deservedly so. There IS a point at which one can suck all the fun out of the game in dogged pursuit of some idealized recreationism at the expense of the fun stuff... Look at today's paper and see how much of the really, really silly/stupid things people do would be allowed in a sourcebook? (I think someone posted on that earlier, however)

Personally, I used to LOVE Ars Magica, but not anymore. Sigh.

Jeff