Re: Heroquest opponents

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:22:03 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 richstella_at_... wrote:

<snip>
> What happens if you're re-enacting the little known "Orlanth steals underwear
> from Mostal" myth? The Orlanthi may have powerful myths of this event but to
> the dwarfs this is just a story used as an analogy in training new dwarfs for
> the underwear protection detail. They would never think of performing a
> theistic heroquest so who provides the opposition?
>
> Richard Crawley

I suspect the presense of the mostali in (all) the otherworlds is usually ignored.

I suggested to Greg at a convulsion some years back, that when an Orlanthi HQ:s into the Court of the Emperor, to engage in the contests, he may be able to see (but usually not much notice) shortish servant types fixing the broken tilework in the corridors, and suchlikes.

The mostali are fixing the world, and their presense can be detected in the otherworld(s).

My 2 clacks.

        -Adept