Re: Digest Number 369

From: Simon Bray <simonbray_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:42:01 +0100

Hi All,

 Greg was talking about the difficulkt knowing who your opponent is upon the Hero Plane. What if the opposition is by invitation or arrangement. In my campaign my Orlanthi Thanes heroquested the 'Contests' (Yelm vs Orlanth), they did so to weaken their opponent Egrid the Enlightened a Solar worshipper, as part of their arrangements for the quest they made sure that Egrid knew what it was that they were upto, ensuring that he would try and oppose them on the Hero Plane, this was a dangerous for both sides (the players eventually won), but I thought it was a nice climactic way for them to battle their nemesis. Was I wrong? (not that I will change anything), Was this not possible?

Simon