Re: Months?

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 06:43:14 EDT

André:

<< By the way:

 A week is 7 days. A season is 8 weeks.  What is a MONTH in Glorantha?

 Is it an other name for Season?
 Is it half a season (4 weeks)? >>

     Half a season. IMO, this is the basis of the Malkioni calendar, although other cultures use it too.

<< The our terrestrial term for month comes from the word for moon. Was there
 moon that had a cycle of 4 weeks? >>

     Shargash has a cycle of 4 weeks, and one could chose to call it a moon if one wanted (it is visible as a disc, even in daytime). But I suspect the main reason for calling 4 weeks a 'month' in Glorantha is just because that term is familiar to us as readers/gamers. The etymology of the actual Gloranthan word is likely different.

Trotsky