Re: Re: Tula

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:45:45 +0100

John Hughes wrote:
> See Thunder Rebels page 33. Most clans have a particular stead (usually the 'founder's stead') that contains the chief's hall and at least one lodge/hearth for each of the clan's bloodlines - for representation and ease of consultation.

I'd disagree about the separate lodges for the bloodlines (whatever TR says). I think the Chief provides hospitality in his hall instead. Presumably only senior members of the bloodlines would be staying at the Chief's stead, and only to conduct politically important business. If they stay at the Chief's hall, I think this strengthens the relationship between the senior members of the bloodlines and the Chief, and emphasizes the role of Chief as peace keeper between the bloodlines (since fighting fellow guests, or your host, is terribly dishonourable). The Chief's hall and stead should be a symbol of and tool for clan unity, not bloodline factionalism.