Re: Re: Zistorite PC

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 10:33:34 EDT

In a message dated 27/05/01 10:02:07, you write:

<<
 Think of what his purpose beyond the city is (trade, diplomacy,  tourism, crime) and tailor his machines to that end.

 --Peter Metcalfe

Thanks for all that stuff. I am not quite sure on the exact timelines for Zistorism, my main guide being King of Sartar p94. I think that the machine dreams of the New Knews have not yet been realised in 831 (when my game is set) and that the Machine City not yet built, the Zistorites would be spread out throughout the cities of Slontos, Maniria and (in this case, Robcradle/Pavis). This is based on the reign of Ilotos starting in 901, the siege starting in 907.

Reading the Kingdom of Night history in Tradetalk 5 we have the Ingareens allying with the Godlearners in c.740 to recreate the Ingareen lost god, Locsil. I am not sure which I prefer.

While I can see that the Zistorites are not actually Venerating anyone, in game terms it is effectively the same, I think, as your example shows. Pious = Cosmic Mechanics.

One could add:

Zistor Philosophy = Life of Saint

I also wanted to add something that gave the Zistori something pleasurable and dreamlike as the 'Orlanth and the Machine god' story implies, so that it could be spread by the likes of Dalorak Redsail and [PC].

Keith Nellist