Re: Re: Zistorite PC.

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 22:18:11 -0500

Jerome says:

>When the text mentioned
>millions of people all over the world, dreaming thanks to the
>Zistorite faith, I thought of millions of people stuck in front of
>their TV sets, because of that relation to machines. Perhaps the
>lower practionners of the faith were subject to such an addictive
>effect, the "TV sets" (dream-machines of sorts) drained their power
>all over Glorantha and channeled it to the God Machine...

        Maybe something more like the Gyson/Burroughs "dream machines" (a light source in a revolving cannister with cut outs that creates a flickering pattern of lights said to induce trances). I suppose, given Mr. Metcalfe's description
("their very dreams are compelled to work for the Morlocks. The Morlocks are unable to dream themselves for they lost that portion of humanity when Zistor was killed."), that it works like a "Tap Dream" (not to mention an unholly alliance of "The Tripods" and "The City of Lost Children").

Peter Larsen